Our office, in compliance with CDC and AOA guidelines, will be postponing routine eye care visits on a temporary basis due to COVID-19. If you have an urgent ocular problem, please call us, but note we will have limited hours (noon to 4 pm, M-F, subject to change). If the doctor determines that he/she cannot resolve an urgent concern without seeing you in person, we will arrange an appointment or create a plan for your care. Please check our website regularly or call for updates. We will do our best to keep things updated, but things are changing rapidly. All of these measures are being implemented for your protection, so we appreciate your patience and understanding.
We are sanitizing all surfaces and eyewear, disinfecting all equipment, and common areas (reception area, bathroom, door handles, etc.). We, nonetheless, wish to avoid risking the health of our most vulnerable patients with unnecessary exposure to others who may be contagious, but asymptomatic.
In an effort to further protect you, our other patients and staff, we ask that you all are mindful of the following precautions:
- If you are sick, please stay home. If you have had contact with someone who is ill or are caring for someone at risk, please defer your appointment.
- Patients (or any guest in the office) with fever, chills, cough or shortness of breath will be rescheduled.
- All patients and caretakers/guests are asked to sanitize their hands upon entry.
- In the interest of social distancing, we are asking patients to arrive alone unless they require a guardian or caretaker. We are presently doing a virtual check-in, so we will ask you to call when you arrive for your appointment. We will come and get you. This will help protect you. Only one caretaker/guardian will be allowed in the exam room unless there is a specific reason.
- If you have an ocular emergency or any urgent eye issue and are sick, please call us. If the doctor determines that they cannot resolve an urgent concern without seeing you in person, we will arrange an appointment or create a plan for your care.
If you need more contact lenses, we will review your chart and try to extend your expiration date if needed and if safe. We can mail your contact lenses directly to you.
If you have broken or lost your glasses, and cannot get to our office, we will do our best to fabricate and ship a replacement set if we have your glasses measurements on file. Please note that this will be based on the availability of materials. If you are picking up your glasses, we will arrange a drive-through pick up and have you return for adjustments when safe to do so.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this difficult time as we all work together to keep our community healthy and safe. We may update as things unfold. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.