Eyeglasses Frames & Lenses in Blaine, & Twin Cities, MN
At the Blaine Eye Clinic, we have a full-service optical shop for all of your glasses and contact lens needs. Click on the links to the right to learn more about all the options available. We encourage you to visit our optical shop, where our experienced staff will help you determine the eyewear best for your lifestyle needs.
Eyeglasses vs. Contact Lenses
There are pros and cons to both eyeglasses and contact lenses. If you’ve only tried one before, you may enjoy the other. However, no one is better than the other; instead, it’s a personal preference for which one you prefer more.
Pros of eyeglasses:
- Eyeglasses are much easier to take off than contact lenses
- Less expensive than contacts
- Don’t need to be cleaned or replaced as much as contacts
Cons of eyeglasses
- Weighted pressure on your nose and ears
- Not ideal for when playing sports or physical activities
- May get foggy or get wet from the rain
Pros of contacts
- Contact lenses provide an unobstructed view and don’t put any pressure on your nose or ears
- Ideal for playing sports or physical activities
- Don’t get foggy or wet from the rain
Cons of contacts
- Contact lenses requiring you to touch your eye to remove the lens safely
- More expensive than glasses
- Need to either be replaced or cleaned after every use
Find out which eyeglasses or contact lenses are right for you by stopping in our optical shop today!