We are Prepared
You Will be Safe
Some Personalized Changes to Keep You Safe
- Virtual Check-In– Please call or text us at 763-757-7000 when you arrive to our clinic. One of our technicians will call you and update your health history over the phone and ask you some screening questions. They will then greet you at the door.
- Wearing a mask– We do require that each person entering the eye clinic wear a mask. This is for your safety and ours. Please let us know when scheduling if you will not be willing to do this as we will happily schedule an appointment for a later date when masks may no longer be necessary.
- Keeping it solo– We are asking that each patient come to their appointment alone. Of course, if you need special assistance or are a child, we will allow one additional person (with a mask).
- What’s Your Temperature–When the technician greets you, he or she will take your temperature to make sure it is below 100.4 degrees. (If it is not, we will have you reschedule to a time when you feel better.) We’ll have you use hand sanitizer at this point and enter the clinic to see the doctor.
- Cleaning and disinfecting – We are being even more diligent than we already were in cleaning every surface between each patient. When you are seated in your exam room, you will know it has been thoroughly cleaned in anticipation of your visit.
- Spectacles– Your optical experience will be improved and personalized just for you! Your optician will talk with you to find out what you are looking for in new eyewear and will hand select some frames just for you. Not only does this keep things safer, but you will find it to be very customized. Each pair of glasses will be sanitized after handled.
- Spacing – We have reduced our clinic schedules to cut back on the number of people in clinic at a time and allow for more spacing between patients. This will make for easy social distancing and a more personable experience for you.
Alternatives if You are Unable to do In-Office Visits
- We are excited to announce that we have implemented Telemedicine There are times that this may be a great first option if you aren’t feeling up to coming into the eye clinic. Let our scheduler know if this is something you prefer. The doctor will review your triage form and help decide if this could be done.
- You will need a device that has a camera and microphone. This can be an iPad, desktop computer, or even your phone.
- That doctor will evaluate you via a virtual visit and develop a treatment plan with you.
- These visits will be submitted to your medical insurance just as if it were done in the clinic.
Remember to Call Us if you Experience Any of the Following:
- Vision Loss
- Blurred Vision
- Redness, pain & light sensitivity
- Broken or lost eyewear
- Need more Contacts
- Trauma to your eye
- Double vision
- Halos around lights
- Severe or Recurring Headaches
- Contact lens discomfort, redness or pain
- Flashes or floating objects in your eyes
- Drooping of the eyelid
We look forward to seeing you. Thank you for allowing us to care for you eyes.
The Doctors and Staff of Blaine Eye Clinic